MetraWeather FastDMO for the UK and European trading markets, has been smartly engineered to transform the delivery speed of Direct Model Output (DMO) from the key Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) data models.
MetraWeather has leveraged innovative data extraction and aggregation techniques, together with cloud-based routing options, to minimise traffic congestion and maximise data delivery speed.
The result: speed, accuracy and reliability.
The effect: better decisions and better returns.
How fast is fast?
Following completion of the model run, your FastDMO file is delivered to an FTP site in seconds.
Ensemble data takes less than two seconds; the deterministic less than one second.
What is delivered?
FastDMO delivers comma separated value (.csv) files.
For ensemble member data, these files are compressed to increase delivery speed. The files are delivered via FTP for each period (other delivery options are available).
Recipients will need to process and visualise the data using their own systems.
What geographies does FastDMO serve?
FastDMO is available for the United Kingdom and European trading markets.
What does FastDMO deliver?
FastDMo delivers site-specific forecast data from the ECMWF Deterministic, ECMWF Ensemble, GFS Deterministic and GFS Ensemble.
The ECMWF model horizons are 240 hours for Deterministic; 360 hours for Ensemble. For GFS Deterministic and Ensemble the horizon is 384 hours.
- Maximum Temperature – six-hourly, interpolation/bias corrected where possible.*
- Minimum Temperature – six-hourly, interpolation/bias corrected where possible.*
- Temperature – three-hourly, interpolation/bias corrected where possible.*
- Wind Speed (10m) – six-hourly, interpolation/bias corrected where possible.*
- Wind Direction (10m) – six-hourly.
- Total Precipitation – six-hourly.
- Cloud Cover – six-hourly.
- Snowfall for ECMWF, Categorical snow and Snow Depth for GFS – six-hourly.
- Wind Speed (100m) – hourly.
- Solar Radiation – three-hourly.
*Bias correction is possible where observation data is publically available.
For the ensemble data, both means and individual member data is available.
The time steps and units for all outputs are ‘standardised’ so that the data from the various model runs is directly comparable. Temporal interpolation is accomplished using non-linear trend matching techniques to be as meteorologically sound as possible without incurring significant processing delays.
To see what energy trading packages are available, please download the FastDMO brochure.
Contact us for further information on how our products and services can help your business.