MetraWeather understands the information requirements of offshore operations managers and we will consult with you to tailor a package of forecasts to your particular needs.
From planning special operations such as construction and towing, through to routine daily drilling and production activities, everything is more weather dependent for the offshore oil & gas industry – including heightened safety and environmental concerns that require careful management.
Effective tools to make informed decisions around safety and efficiency for offshore operations
From coastal, shelf or deep water areas, MetraWeather provides site-specific weather forecast data, hindcasting services and customised solutions to assist offshore operators to make informed decisions and help them increase safety and efficiency at all stages of an offshore project.
MetraWeather’s marine forecast data is delivered by MetOceanView – an innovative web-based platform providing detailed weather forecasts to guide operations of the offshore industry. With reliable guidance, offshore operators can plan and schedule work, vessel, crew and other operations more safely and efficiently.
The following forecasting tools have been developed to support offshore geophysical surveys, marine logistics and drilling operations:
- Weather Matrix: produced by a meteorologist trained on your site, gives a simple graphical summary of metocean risks day-by-day for one day to one week ahead.
- Offshore marine forecasts: site-specific weather forecast data, hindcasting services and customised solutions for all stages of an offshore project, anywhere on earth.
- Meteorologist briefings: talk to an operational meteorologist to further interrogate forecasts on MetOceanView or to gain a second opinion for a particularly important operation.
- Oil spill forecasts: online pre-emptive planning tool providing real-time oil spill trajectory forecasts.
- Wave forecasts: defining the likely envelope of sea state conditions over a forecast horizon beyond 2-3 days.
- Berth safety: analysis predicting the effect of specific wind and waves on vessel berthing.
- Route forecasts: an interactive route management and planning tool for open-ocean passages.
- Hindcast data services: metocean site reports including wind and wave assessment and weather downtime analysis based on up to 34 years of high-quality historical metocean datasets.
- ePD Probabilistic wind forecasts: trained upon on-site observations, these forecasts let you precisely judge the percentage risk of high winds from one hour ahead to one week ahead.
- StrikeCast: Cloud to ground lightning strike observations and storm tracks with visual proximity alerts ensure operational and planning teams are kept aware of the threat, effect and timing of lightning storms in the area
- Cyclone tracking: tropical cyclone paths and official warnings ensure all teams are aware of the location and potential impact of these major storm systems.
Additional consultancy services:
- Our oceanographers are experienced and have provided expert weather guidance to the offshore industry on numerous installation, construction, survey and offshore emergency situations. This expertise can be contracted for occasions when specialist weather interpretation is required. Click here to find out more or contact us to discuss your specialised requirements.
Secure and optimise your operations with specialised marine forecasts through MetOceanView
Book an online MetOceanView demo.
MetraWeather's marine industry solutions are powered by MetOcean Solutions Ltd.