17 March 2016
Scientists and senior executives from MetraWeather Asia and science partner MetOcean Solutions (MSL) will be attending the Offshore Technology Conference Asia (OTC Asia) in Kuala Lumpur, 22-25 March 2016.
Weather has been a factor in 7 of the world’s 10 worst offshore disasters.
In South East Asia and Australia, typhoons (tropical cyclones) and tropical squalls pose significant challenges for exploration, marine engineering, offshore safety and marine aviation, especially in deepwater blocks.
MetraWeather’s metocean Hindcast Databases for the primary offshore exploration basins and gulfs in South East Asia will be of special interest to oil & gas delegates at OTC Asia 2016.
The company recently made available their Bay of Bengal Hindcast Database for offshore Myanmar, Bangladesh and the east coast of India.
Applications of the Hindcast data:
- Development of metocean design criteria
- Wind field analysis
- Ambient and extreme metocean statistics for operations and construction
- FPSO motions, including full-scale model tests and data analysis
- Numerical modelling of waves, currents and sediment transport
- Wave hindcasting and forecasting studies
- Tidal modelling and prediction
- Oil-spill fate, oil-spill response and produced water discharge modelling
- Pipeline and cable seabed survey and stability analysis
- Thermal and other water column properties
- Estuarine and coastal processes
- Sediment transport and morphodynamics
Our contacts at OTC Asia 2016 are:
High-resolution images are available on request from email@example.com