We operate as a commercially successful, international organisation with more than 240 employees in New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Europe. As MetService within New Zealand and exporting to the world as MetraWeather, the expertise and research of our team of world-class meteorologists and technologists is at the heart of everything we do. We combine scientific rigour with a drive to create ground-breaking new products and services that redefine the weather industry and create wealth for our customers. We call this delivering ‘powerful weather intelligence’.
An unrelenting approach to accuracy, quality and consistency underpins everything we do - lives and businesses depend on it. Our meteorological expertise and team of dedicated professionals reflect our combination of scientific precision and game-changing, innovative thinking. MetraWeather is a rewarding place to work. We attract talented people from all around the world who share our goals of providing professional meteorological judgement, technologically advanced processes and an agile approach to creating innovative and insightful solutions for our customers. In all our relationships, with our employees, with the environment, the community and our customers, we aim to operate in a socially responsible manner.
What we do
MetraWeather provides comprehensive weather information services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We provide ground-breaking products and services that give a competitive edge to businesses worldwide in the energy, media, transport, resources, industry, infrastructure and retail sectors.
Our services assist:
- Transport authorities and airlines to keep roads safe and planes flying
- Energy providers to ensure power is available to homes and businesses, regardless of the season
- TV broadcasters to produce accurate, visually stunning and easy-to-understand weather bulletins
- Retailers to plan stock levels and logistics ahead of customer demand
- Regional councils to manage their water resources
- Farmers to plan when to plant and harvest crops and move to stock to shelter
- Resources companies to manage their planning, monitoring and day-to-day operations
- Energy traders to make fast and effective trading decisions ahead of the market
To find out more about our services, click on the tab for your industry from the menu at the top of this page.